Walk off the pounds
One of the easiest ways to lose weight is by walking. Walking is something that can be incorporated into your day and you don’t necessary need any special equipment to do it. Yes, you can buy equipment to monitor your steps and calculate the calories burnt but all you need really is a comfortable pair of shoes.
The article below gives tips on walking for weight loss and includes the number of step needed, how to keep the interest in walking and how often it should be done.
Read on and see if it inspires you to walk more
Learn How to Walk To Lose Weight
There are two factors that affect the calories burnt while walking. These are the body weight and the walking place. For instance, you could burn 400 calories in an hour, if you are walking with an average speed of four miles an hour.
The American Medical Association is recommending the usage of a pedometer for more efficient and better weight loss control. A Pedometer can inform you how many steps you are taking during one day.
Number of Steps Needed to Lose Weight
The time or miles needed to burn certain amount of calories is relative, since some people should take 2000 steps in 1 mile in order to burn the calories and to lose weight.
Consider the following example:
1 mile = 100 calories burned and 2000 steps
1 pound = 3500 calories
Losing weight of 1 pound per week = 500 calories per day
You should take 10 000 steps per day to lose 1 pound in 1 week.
Keep the Interest for Walking
In order not to quit walking as a routine, you need to find a way to make it more interesting and thus to continue doing it. We are offering you a few tips for that:
- Change the routine and make it much more exciting.
- Invite a friend or a family member to make you accompany in the walks.
- Do not use the exact same track each day, it will become a boring routine.
- Try to walk in different areas, neighborhoods, parks or listen your favorite music, that will be great motivation and will give you more energy to reach the goal.
- buy a treadmill and watch your favorite movie or TV program when you are walking, so the cold weather should not be a problem.
The following tips will help you adjust the walking when you are having a busy day:
- Do not park the car at the destination, but park somewhere close and walk the rest of the way.
- You could walk to your work and home, walk instead of using the bus each time you are going out, or you could simply get off the bus halfway to your destination.
- Use the stairs instead of elevators
- Walk with the children to their school.
- Avoid the bus or taxi: walk each time you have the opportunity for that
How Often You Should Walk
Before starting with the daily walking routine, it is recommended that you ask your doctor for advice to tell you if you are strong and healthy enough for these activities.
At the beginning you need to walk three days per week for 15 to 20 minutes and afterwards, you will increase the time spent on walking from 30 to 60 minutes each day.